CEB Staff Newsletter #1 - 14 January 2022
From the Executive Director
Welcome to all our CEB staff to another school year, a special welcome to our new staff.
While some staff have returned this week and some will begin a little later, the majority of us will begin on Monday. For Ballarat based staff it will be our first official day in our new Gillies St office. See the information below for details regarding our new office.
Once again, I would like to thank those who have been responsible for the design and project management of this long-awaited project, in particular Ashley Wiseman, Penelope Irish and Paul Jans. As you may recall, the Finance Team and IT team put in a power of work in moving offices in the last 10 days before Christmas, so once again thank you to those staff too.
Monday we will have a small informal opening ritual (the official opening will take place at a later date) for Gillies St staff. Jim Waight has kindly put together an opening ritual for us to mark this historic occasion. The ritual will begin at 8:30am in the car park.
‘Kombi for a Cause’ Coffee Van will be on site at Gillies St from 8am to 10 am on Monday 17th January providing hot drinks to all staff (no charge) to celebrate the first official day of work at Gillies St.
Executive Director, Catholic Education Ballarat
Gillies Street – Update
As distributed at the end of last year, the current seating plan is attached together with the staffing list which has been confirmed with Team Leaders.
Gillies St works update:
- The car park will not be available until Monday 31st January as improvement works are still being undertaken in this area but all-day parking is available along Gregory St. Temporary access to the car park will still be available for large deliveries or unloading of equipment
- External Painting of the building will commence on Monday 17th January
- We are currently awaiting approval from Powercor before works can commence on the Front Façade
- There are some minor internal defects throughout the building. The builder will be attending to these from Tuesday 18th January
- Plants to go on top of the storage units have been ordered and we are currently awaiting confirmation of an installation date
- Some items of furniture is still to be purchased for the meeting rooms
Getting set up:
- Please access via Gregory St entrance for the first 2 weeks using your existing fob
- When unpacking, please consider the location and requirements of your team and others around you, making full use of the extensive resource room and larger storage cupboards for items that are not required on a regular basis. If uncertain, please discuss with your team leader
- After unpacking, it would be appreciated if you could flat pack any boxes and place them in the skip bin located outside the carpark door
- Please ensure that any CEB owned furniture and equipment is returned to the office from the commencement of your work this year
- There are 30 lockers available on site. These will be allocated in due course when all staff return to work
- Office norms will be developed further as we settle into our new working environment
Getting your IT set up:
- IT will be available to assist in setting up your equipment. Please reach out to David and Haiden
- Details regarding some short information sessions to assist with training on the new phone and video-conferencing systems will follow soon
Hints & Tips:
- Ensure you carry your fob with you at all times as amenities are located outside of the secure office area
- Filtered hot and cold water is available at the kitchen sinks
- Rubbish bins are located at various stations throughout the office rather than at each workstation
- Please use the staff room for lunches and breaks as opposed to eating at your desk, to keep the office a food free environment. Taking a break in the designated staff room supports your personal wellbeing and provides a terrific opportunity to foster strong relationships with your colleagues
- The heating and cooling system that covers the majority of the building operates off a Building Management System which is automatic and has temperatures set at recommend standards
- The meeting rooms and staff room operate off a separate system with an individual wall controller. These can be turned on and off as required.
- The First Aid station is located in the staff kitchen
- Pool car keys are available from the stationery room located next to reception
- At each external door and the boom gate there is a doorbell / intercom for visitors or if you have forgotten your fob. Please note that this calls reception only.
M & L McLean Cleaning Services have been appointed as our new cleaning contractor and as a part of this contract we advise as follows:
- Cleaners will be on site from 6:30pm each weeknight
- Staff are required to look after the cleanliness of their own individual workstations
- Central location for bins rather than individual bins at each workstation
- No food to be consumed in the office area
New Office Details
Just a reminder, the new Gillies Street office details are as follows:
The new street address and postal address will both be:
200 Gillies Street North, Lake Wendouree, VIC 3350
The new office phone number will be: