CEB Staff Newsletter #1 - 27 January 2023
Central Zone Mass 2023
Thank you to Catholic Education Ballarat staff who were able to attend today's very special Mass. As Tom highlighted, the energy inside St Patrick's Cathedral was fantastic to be a part of - especially in light of the challenge of coming together as a community presented in previous years.
Towards the end of Mass, representatives from each school and organisations were asked to stand to highlight the many different groups of people who come together. This was a special moment, because even though each group stood up one by one, ultimately we all stood together in our belief that as partners in Catholic Education and open to God’s presence, we pursue fullness of life for all.
Photos by Amber Innes
Article Submitted by Alexander J. Brodie
Protecting Children – Mandatory Reporting and Other Obligations e-Learning module.
- Each year all DOBCEL staff are required to complete the ‘Protecting Children – Mandatory Reporting and Other Obligations’ eLearning module to ensure compliance with legislative responsibilities under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Vic.) and Ministerial Order No. 1359: Child Safe Standards – Managing the Risk of Child Abuse in Schools and School Boarding premises.
- For details on how to create an account: ‘Protecting Children- Mandatory Reporting and other Obligations Online Training Account Creation Guide’
- The training and online module usually take 45 – 60 minutes to complete
- Staff must provide evidence that they have completed training (e.g. a copy of their certificate) to Manager of Safeguarding and Standards email@example.com
- For staff who have never completed the training or completed it more than 12 months ago, it would be expected that this training would be completed by the end of Term 1, 2023
- For staff who are new to CEB, however, have completed the training within the last 12 months elsewhere, please supply your certificate of completion to Manager of Safeguarding and Standards firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff who have completed the training within the last year will receive a reminder email from DET MARAM approximately 11 months after their previous completion date. This will be sent to the email address provided at the time of training. Staff should complete their training as soon as possible after they receive this recompletion email.
- The module includes current Victorian legislative requirements associated with the PROTECT protocol Identifying and Responding to All Forms of Abuse in Victorian Schools.
Code of Conduct
A reminder that the DOBCEL Safeguarding Children and Young People Code of Conduct needs to be signed by all staff each year.
Email communications about the Code of Conduct will follow in the coming weeks.
People and Development Update
CEB is conducting a pilot program for Blended Workplace MHFA in 2023 and would like to extend an invitation to all CEB Office Staff to take part in the training.
All information regarding the training is available in the attached document below.
If you would like to be a part of this pilot program please send through your interest via email to Tania Lund, Staff Wellbeing and Engagement Advisor by Friday, 3rd February 2023.
Article submitted by Tania Lund
Sarah Johnson has tendered her resignation as EA to the Deputy Director: Catholic Education after 3.5 years at CEB.
Sarah has been a much-valued member of the Administration team and is moving back to Melbourne to take on the position of Executive Support Officer with the City of Whittlesea.
Sarah goes with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for this exciting opportunity.
Article submitted by Jo Huntley
Career Opportunities in the Diocesan Education Community
Catholic Education Ballarat
- Education Officer (Learning and Teaching) – Mildura, Swan Hill or Horsham – full or part-time opportunity (closes 1 February)
- Receptionist – part-time position at the Ballarat Office to commence February 2023 (closes 3 February). Applications can be emailed to Jo Huntley
Article submitted by Jo Huntley