Executive Director’s Update to Principals #74: COVID Update - 8 Sep 2021
God of the neighbour,
God of the stranger,
how many times have we left the house
and passed the homes of those
we barely know?
Yet you have known them.
And you know the people across the globe,
The stranger is our neighbour
in this little world we’ve made.
May we no longer estrange our neighbour
in the world we build together.
~ Corrymeela Community
Lockdown to be lifted in Regional Victoria; return to on-site learning for some year levels
In today’s Victorian Press Conference, Premier Daniel Andrews made the following announcements:
- Lockdown will lift in Regional Victoria, with the exception of Shepparton, at 11.59pm tomorrow, Thursday 9 September.
- Regional schools will reopen for on-site learning for Prep to Grade 2 and Year 12 students who live in regional Victoria on Friday 10 September. *Note: We are awaiting further clarification through the School Operations Guide on Year 11 students studying Units 3 and 4 subjects
- Remote learning will remain for all other year levels.
- Onsite supervision at schools remains available for vulnerable children and children of essential workers in all year levels, including for students from metropolitan Melbourne.
- The Authorised Worker list will no longer apply in regional Victoria.
Further to these announcements, the below details for regional schools are in the updated Table of Restrictions, which will come into effect from 11.59pm, Thursday 9 September:
- Schools will be open to children of metropolitan Melbourne authorised workers and vulnerable children.
- Twice weekly PCR testing will be required for teachers moving between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm applies in non-student areas.
- Face mask requirements apply to everyone 12 years and over.
A positive COVID case has been confirmed in Mildura, the first confirmed case in the Diocese of Ballarat during this outbreak. At this stage there are no implications for any of our schools in the area.
Updated School Operations Guide
We anticipate that an updated version of the School Operations Guide will be available in due course. We will circulate this when it becomes available.
Next COVID Update
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise principals of any updates. Please liaise with the COVID Support team (see left hand column) or your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…
Deputy Director of Catholic Education (Interim)