Executive Director’s Update to Principals #84: COVID Update - 17 Sep 2021
God of the fallen grain,
God of the children of light:
It was in your being broken down that you were lifted up.
It is in releasing our lives to others that we bear your lasting truth
As we continue our journey in these COVID times,
a community dispersed,
may our relinquishing of self,
and our selfless love for others
broadcast wide the great good news
that even in death there is glorious new life, and that darkness will not overcome it.
~ Corrymeela Community
Today’s Victorian Press Conference
The following updates for regional Victoria were reported in today’s Victorian Press Conference:
- Updates on the Ballarat outbreak:
- Three more cases have been reported in Ballarat, bringing the total number of active cases to nine, which are across three different households. All of today’s cases are known household contacts. There are currently 187 identified primary close contacts and two-thirds of these have returned a negative test result so far.
- There are currently around 30 exposure sites in Ballarat.
- 2,079 Ballarat residents came forward for testing yesterday.
- There are now eight testing sites around Ballarat.
- There has been a positive COVID case reported in the East Wimmera, however the exact location was not disclosed. It is believed to be linked to the Ballarat outbreak, however this is yet to be confirmed.
- The roadmap for the state is still on track to be announced this Sunday.
COVID Updates During the Holidays
We will send an update early next week outlining the specific impact of the Victorian roadmap, which we anticipate will be announced this Sunday.
We will send an update late in week 2 of the holidays detailing any updates for the commencement of Term 4.
We hope all staff and families have the opportunity to enjoy a period of rest over the holidays.
Next COVID Update
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise principals of any updates. Please liaise with the COVID Support team (see left hand column) or your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…