Executive Director’s Update to Principals #85: COVID Update - 20 Sep 2021
God of the shared bread
and the common purse,
You broke bread with those
who broke your trust and took
more than they needed for themselves. You still do.
May our shared response
to a common threat
lead us each to reconsider
what we need and what we want, and how we divide what we have.
Break who we are so that we can be more for others.
~The Corrymeela Community
Victorian Roadmap Announced
In the Victorian Press Conference yesterday, Sunday 19 September, Premier Daniel Andrews announced Victoria’s Roadmap for Delivering the National Plan, which has four phases.
Phase A is planned to begin on Tuesday 5 October. For regional Victoria:
- Schools continue to be open in regional Victoria for on-site learning for VCE Units 3/4, final year VCAL and IB students, Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 students (except for regional LGAs in lockdown)
- Further advice on the return to onsite learning for remaining year levels will be provided by the Victorian Government by Thursday 30 September.
All school students will return on-site at least part-time as part of Phase B in a similar manner to P-2 students in the earlier phase, which is planned to commence on Tuesday 26 October.
As part of Phase C, expected to begin on Friday 5 November:
- Early childhood education and care is open
- All students will return to school with additional safety measures in place.
Once 80% of Victorians aged 12 and over are fully vaccinated restrictions will align with the National Plan to transition Australia’s National COVID-19 Response, agreed to by National Cabinet. By Saturday 25 December, it is planned that 30 visitors will be allowed to visit at home.
This advice will be further informed by Health advice as the weeks progress throughout Term 4 and we will keep you updated accordingly. We anticipate there will be more detailed advice available specifically for Phase A later this week.
For further details on the announcement, see:
- Recording of yesterday’s media conference
- Victoria’s Roadmap: Delivering The National Plan
- Summary of proposed restriction levels – Regional Victoria
- Summary of proposed restriction levels – How we work
- Roadmap easing thresholds
In the meantime, all staff are encouraged to make the most of the school holiday period to rest and recuperate for the term ahead.
Next COVID Update
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise principals of any updates. Please liaise with the COVID Support team (see left hand column) or your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…
Deputy Director of Catholic Education (Interim)