Executive Director’s Update to Principals #92: COVID Update - 6 Oct 2021
God of princes, God of nurses: this disease is a great leveller. It has humbled our rulers
and exalted your servants.
let us note this abnormal way of being:
this proper appreciation of cleaners and supermarket workers, and childcare providers; those in the field and those on the frontline, the ones packaging food and delivering medicine.
And may we remember that in this abnormal you are with us
~ The Corrymeela Community
Today’s Victorian press conference
The following topics of interest were discussed in today’s Victorian Press Conference:
- Rapid antigen testing announcement:
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has approved for rapid antigen testing to be utilised more widely from 1 November
- The Victorian government has initially purchased 2.2 million tests for health settings across the state
- Rapid antigen testing will be also rolled out to other sectors in the near future, including the Education sector
- Further details will be announced in due course
- COVID-19 Response Commander Jeroen Weimar commended the 280,000 Victorian 12-17 year olds who have come forward to be vaccinated as part of the transition to fully re-opening schools. This translates to approximately 55% of 12-15 year olds and 75% of 16-17 year olds who have now had their first dose.
Watch today’s Victorian press conference.
Clarification on inter-school activities
There was an anomaly around interschool activities in the version of the School Operations Guide issued on Saturday 2 October, in comparison to the DET School Operations Guide. Please note that all interschool activities, such as debating, should be deferred or held remotely. This has been corrected on pages 12 and 24 of the current School Operations Guide.
Collection of vaccination status
We are awaiting further information and advice on the collection of vaccination status of all staff. Principals are advised to delay collecting staff information until this advice has been provided. We are in constant communication with CECV around this matter.
Next COVID Update
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise principals of any updates. Please liaise with the COVID Support team (see left hand column) or your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…
Deputy Director of Catholic Education (Interim)