Executive Director’s Update to Principals #115: COVID Update - 8 Nov 2021
God who commands us to love, God who remains God with us: your answer, your solution, your remedy for our ills is not a product we can hold or a lesson we can recite.
It is a life,
an ongoing relationship.
It is a life that lives on for us.
It is a story we can be a part of.
It is a relationship we enter with you and with others.
Help us remain together in love, responsive to one another’s needs, and changed by our one-ness in you. Amen.
~ The Corrymeela Community
Victorian Press Conference
In this morning’s Victorian Press Conference, Deputy Premier James Merlino announced that, as vaccinations are not yet available for 5-11 year olds, the following changes will apply from next week to help minimise disruption to families and schools when a COVID outbreak occurs:
- Unvaccinated primary school aged children who have been identified as a Primary Close Contact will be able to quarantine for 7 days rather than 14 days
- If they return a negative PCR test result on day 6, they will be able to return to school on day 8
- On days 8-14 they will be required to have a daily rapid antigen test at home, and can continue to go to school if this returns a negative result
- The program will run on an opt-in basis and will not apply to fully vaccinated children, who are already only required to quarantine for 7 days
- The program is being rolled out to 20 schools affected by outbreaks this week, and will be rolled out statewide next week
- The government has secured 200,000 tests with more to come, and will provide these free to schools and families
See the press release for full details of the announcement.
We will provide further advice to schools when it is received from CECV.
Next COVID Update
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise principals of any updates. Please liaise with the COVID Support team (see left hand column) or your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…
Deputy Director of Catholic Education (Interim)