Executive Director's Update to Principals #23: COVID Update - 10 Jun 2021
May the wilderness of this time & the uncertainty we may feel,
strengthen our resolve to lean on your Word, abide in your presence,
and be guided by your enduring and powerful Spirit.
Students and staff from metropolitan Melbourne
Students and staff who live in metropolitan Melbourne and are enrolled in or work in a school in regional Victoria can attend on-site. Students and staff who live in regional Victoria and are enrolled in or work in a school in metropolitan Melbourne can also attend on-site. (page 4, School Operations Guide)
The following applies to all school settings (page 14, School Operations Guide):
- School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must always wear a face mask at school when indoors, or outdoors if 1.5 metre physical distancing cannot be maintained, including when attending an OSHC program, unless an exception applies.
- Children under 12 years of age and students at primary school are not required to wear face masks when at school, or when attending an OSHC program.
- For the purposes of communicating, teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older when travelling to and from school.
The density limit of 1 person per 4 square metre applies in spaces used only by staff and to publicly accessible areas. It does not apply in classrooms or other areas used by students. (page 13, School Operations Guide)
Interschool sport can resume in regional Victoria. Indoor and outdoor interschool sport is permitted but is limited to the minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity and is subject to venue capacity limits. (page 19, School Operations Guide)
From pages 7-8 of the School Operations Guide:
- Camps and overnight stays can take place within regional Victoria or metropolitan Melbourne, providing the camping venue is limited to use by a single school only.
- Outdoor education including excursions and overnight stays, for the purpose of outdoor education are permitted. Programs should only operate for staff and student from single schools.
- Excursions are not permitted at this time (unless otherwise specified in the School Operations Guide)
- Incursions are not permitted at this time (unless otherwise specified in the School Operations Guide)
- Interschool activities are not permitted at this time (unless otherwise specified in the School Operations Guide - eg. Interschool sport)
Updated School Operations Guide
A new version of the Term 2 School Operations Guide is now available. Highlights are summarised above.
Next COVID-19 Update
We will continue to send out COVID-19 updates on an as needs basis. Please liaise with your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…