Executive Director's Update to Principals #31: COVID Update - 15 Jul 2021
May we, who are experiencing the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia remember the words of Scripture: “Be still and know that I God”.
May we, who as adults struggling to process what is happening in our world, remember children who are fearful of a reality they cannot comprehend.
May we, who work to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity, remember those living and working in vulnerable communities.
May we give thanks for those who are working to help or bring some kindness, joy or humour to
We asked this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
It is anticipated that the Victorian Government will soon announce a period of lockdown leading into and beyond this weekend. Whether this will impact regional Victoria as well as Melbourne is yet to be ascertained.
Due to the very short notice of this circuit breaker, we provide the following advice to schools should regional Victoria go into lockdown.
It is anticipated that the duration of this lockdown will be minimal, therefore schools should be flexible in their arrangements to ensure continuity of learning. This can include digital learning platforms and/or the provision of learning materials.
Where necessary, students should be provided with access to digital devices to enable access to learning programs being provided by the school.
Schools must continue to provide on-site supervision for students in the following categories:
- Children whose parents are considered essential workers as listed, cannot work from home and where no other supervision arrangements can be made
- Vulnerable children, including children in out-of-home care, children deemed by Child Protection and/or Family Services to be at risk of harm and children identified by the school as vulnerable (including via referral from a family violence agency, homelessness or youth justice service or mental health or other health service).
We are very grateful for all of the work schools are doing to provide continuity of learning for students under these stressful and exceptional circumstances. We will continue to update schools once further information is forthcoming.
Face masks are again mandatory in Victoria, as of from 11.59pm Wednesday night. The following guidelines now apply for work and education:
- Face masks are mandatory indoors (not at home) for anyone aged 12 and above, unless an exception applies.
- Face masks must be worn outdoors for anyone aged 12 and above if 1.5 m distance cannot be maintained.
- Face masks are mandatory in the workplace – unless an exception applies.
- Teachers, educators and carers must wear masks. Secondary school students must also wear masks, unless an exception applies.
The HIVE Remote Learning Resources
The HIVE has a link to last year's Remote Learning Resources back on the homepage and in the top site menu for teachers to use as required.
Updated School Operations Guide
We anticipate that an updated version of the School Operations Guide will be available in due course. We will circulate this when it becomes available.
Next COVID-19 Update
We will continue to send out COVID-19 updates on an as needs basis. Please liaise with your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…