Executive Director's Update to Principals #39: COVID Update - 27 Jul 2021
Love never fails
Even in the darkest moments, love gives hope.
Love compels us to fight against coronavirus alongside our sisters and brothers living in poverty.
Love compels us to stand together in prayer with our neighbours near and far.
Love compels us to give and act as one.
May your love that never ends
be our comfort, strength and guide
for the wellbeing of all and
the glory of God.
Following Premier Daniel Andrews’ announcement this morning, schools will resume normal operations tomorrow, Wednesday 28 July.
Please note that the following restrictions are applicable to schools:
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm applies in non-student areas.
- Face mask requirements apply to everyone 12 years and over.
Updated School Operations Guide
An updated School Operations Guide will be distributed to schools when it becomes available.
Table of Restrictions
The updated Table of Restrictions is now available, and is applicable as of 11.59pm this evening.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
DOBCEL’s Employee Assistant Program (EAP) is available to all staff providing access to complimentary, confidential counselling services. To make an appointment, or for more information, contact Converge International on 1300 687 327 or via their website.
Wellbeing Webinar Series – Converge International
Last week we shared that we are working with Converge on a series of wellbeing seminars for staff. We are pleased to provide details of these seminars and encourage you to share this information with your teams. Each session will provide different insights and strategies for supporting our own and others’ wellbeing.
Hosted by Converge International on GoToWebinar, these sessions are open to all Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education employees. A recording of each session will be published and available for 30 days following each session. The full schedule, details, booking links and handouts are available here.
For more information please contact Ange Jones, Assistant Director People and Development (Catholic Education Ballarat) via email or on 0400 831 040.
Session 1: Dealing with Uncertainty
Friday 30 July, 4.00 – 5.00pm
- This practical seminar explores the impact and our responses to uncertainty during change, difficult situations or external circumstances. Participants will learn strategies to manage their own thoughts, feelings and behaviour when experiencing uncertainty. See details here.
- Facilitated by Andrew Jones
- Register here
- Access the participant handout ahead of the session
- Participants are invited to submit feedback following attendance at this seminar (webinar ID 778-214-443)
The full schedule, details, booking links and handouts are available here.
- Session 2: Compassion Burnout
Monday 2 August, 4.00 – 5.00pm
Register for Session 2
- Session 3: Building Resilience
Monday 9 August, 4.00 – 5.00pm
Register for Session 3
- Session 4: Thriving Under Pressure
Monday 16 August, 4.00 – 5.00pm
Register for Session 4
- Session 5: Recovering from Difficult Situations
Monday 23 August, 4.00 – 5.00pm
Register for Session 5
- Session 6: Looking After Yourself and Others Post-Crisis
Tuesday 31 August, 4.00 – 5.00pm
Register for Session 6
Next COVID Update
We will continue to monitor the situation and advise principals of any updates. Please liaise with your Education Consultant with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and continue to look after each other…
Deputy Director of Catholic Education